March 28, 2012, 1:04 pm
Filed under: Misc
My dear friend, the lovely Lara of Little Adventurer tagged me to answer her 11 questions. Reading hers was so delightful that I just had to comply. I haven’t seen Lara since we moved home from Texas and didn’t even know that she and her husband are simultaneously adopting and pregnant! I knew they were adopting, but had no idea they were pregnant, too. How exciting! Two babies!
1. The first rule is to post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 things about yourself/your life .
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
1. At least 3 times a week after Benjamin is in bed I read in the bath tub with either coffee, hot tea, a glass of wine, or a gin and tonic on the edge of the tub. Sometimes Lucy chills in the bouncer next to me, but sometimes she hangs out with Daddy and I get to be all by myself for 5 or 10 or occasionally 20 minutes.
2. Right off the top of my head, I think I’d say my favorite book is Brideshead Revisited. But The Violent Bear it Away would be a close second.
3. Sometimes I’m allergic to coffee, but not when I’m pregnant or nursing. Obvious solution: be pregnant or nursing forever.
4. My husband and I were high school sweethearts and have known each other for over a decade. I still like him a lot.
5. We went to the largest baptist university in the world and came back Catholic.
6. We’re buying a pig with some friends. Well, we’re buying half a pig, and our friends are getting the other half. Let me clarify: It’s not alive anymore. We had the option of paying for it to be processed but our husbands “saw some videos online about butchering pigs” and plan to do it themselves. How could that go wrong?!
7. Benjamin has a slumber party at Daniel’s folks house every Friday night. I know I just made you so jealous. Don’t hate me for having amazing in-laws.
8. I did Art History grad school for one semester before deciding to be home with Benjamin and teach ballet part-time. But I have a really good story about the conversation that convinced me to quit. I’ll tell you sometime.
9. I think I have had every kind of schooling except for Montessori and Parochial schools. Private Christian school, private secular school, public school, and homeschool. Long story short: planning to homeschool.
10. My parents and Daniel’s parents are still married. What a blessing.
11. My freshman year of college I lived on Cinnamon Toast Crunch, coffee, and no sleep. Slightly shocking that I’m mildly obsessive about natural, real, local, healthy food now. Probably Daniel’s influence.
1. What is your cocktail of choice?
Whew. Amaretto Sour? White Russian? I can’t decide.
2. If you could hop on a plane to anywhere, where would you go?
Rome. Or Paris. Or Edinburgh. This is hard. Is Hogwarts an option?
3. What is your decorating style?
Well, I’ll ignore the obvious “cluttered mess” option. I honestly don’t know anything about decor terms. Somebody give me a word for the combination of real wood antique furniture, bohemian, and baby gear. Oh, with a touch of “trucks.”
4. What is your favorite garage sale/2nd-hand find?
5. What is your favorite flower?
6. Which style icon best describes your personal style?
Lara, your questions are so hard! Friends, help me out here! Who’s my style doppleganger?
7. How would you describe your sense of humour?
I’d like to say witty, but weird would probably be more honest.
8. What is your favorite thing to cook?
Shepherd’s Pie. Hands down. Well, if you don’t count cookies. Or bacon.
9. What is one health habit you are working on?
Cutting gluten out of my diet.
10. Facebook or Pinterest?
Facebook. But I’m not proud of it. It would be way cooler to be able to say Pinterest.
11. Beatles, Elvis, or Willy Nelson?
I’ll be honest. Not a huge fan of any. Don’t hate me, Lara. Probably Willie Nelson if I had to choose. I’ve tried to get into the Beatles for as long as I can remember and I just can’t. That Across the Universe movie was torture. But, I mean, I could jam to Eleanor Rigby like everyone else.
1. What’s your favorite musical (I know, how to choose, right?!) If you don’t like musicals…oh, wait, that’s impossible because we couldn’t be friends.
2. Who is your patron saint or who would you choose if you don’t have one?
3. What literary character do you wish you were friends with in real life?
4. Are there any movies that you like better than the book they’re based on?
5. What kind of monster/animal did you think lived under your bed when you were little?
6. If you could live in any era, what would it be and why?
7. Dogs or cats?
8. Mountains or beach?
9. If you were trapped on a desert island with books from only one author, who would it be? (And no, you can’t just say “the Bible.”)
10. Your favorite book when you were a child:
11. Would you rather never be able to drink coffee again or never be able to eat dessert again?
Tagged: (but, if you don’t have time, no pressure!)
Anybody else who wants to! Just let me know in the comments that you’ve answered!
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment